I have joined as a lecturer at the Department of Civil Engineering, under School of Science and Engineering belonging to the University of Creative Technology, Chittagong (UCTC), Bangladesh. I worked as a Research Assistant during my master degree at Mahidol University gaining valuable experience in computation, structural analysis and dynamics, metaheuristic optimization algorithm development, and fatigue damage assessments of Offshore Structures. At Mahidol University, one of my key achievements was to present research works to International conferences and publishing articles in International Journals. Working as a Research Assistant with the Advisor further developed my depth of knowledge in the research topics, management skills, qualities relevant to the work.
M.Eng. in Civil Engineering, Mahidol University, Thailand
B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET), Rajshahi, Bangladesh
Design of Steel Structures
Mechanics of Materials
Structural Analysis and design
Fatigue of marine structures,
Seismic analysis of structures,
Scientific and Professional Affiliation
• Affiliate Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• Reviewer, Computational Intelligence ( John Wiley & Sons, Inc.)
• Reviewer, Journal of the Operations Research Society of China (Springer)
• Reviewer, Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering
• Reviewer, International Journal of Energy Optimization and Engineering (IGI Global)
• Extension of : Effect of soil-structure interaction in vertically irregular concrete frame
• Strengthening of Traditional Mud Houses on Response to Earthquake, under review in International Journal of Engineering Materials and Manufacture
• Effects of vertical irregularity in steel frame with shear linked steel bracings, under review in Journal of Advanced Engineering and Computation
Honors and awards
1. Research Assistantship during Master degree
2. Mahidol University Postgraduate Scholarship
3. Mahidol University International Relation Scholarship for Living allowance
4. Technical scholarship from RUET (1st and 3rd year)
• Azad, MS., Rahman, M., Ghosh, A. (2019). Effect of soil-structure interaction in vertically irregular concrete frame, in the International conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Technology, Management and SciencesAt: Ashoka Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, India
• Azad, MS., Rahman, M., Ghosh, A. (2019). Setback Effect in Vertically Irregular Concrete frames considering soil structure interaction, 8th World Conference on Applied Sciences, Engineering and ManagementAt: Shree Devi Institute of Technology, Kenjar, Mangaluru, India
• Punurai, W., Azad, MS., Pholdee, N., Bureerat, S., Sinsabvarodom, C. A Novel Hybridized Metaheuristic Technique in enhancing the diagnosis of cross-sectional dent damaged offshore platform members. Computational Intelligence (In-press)
• Bhardwaj, U., Teixeira, A. P., Soares, C. G., Azad, M. S., Punurai, W., & Asavadorndeja, P. (2019). Reliability assessment of thick high strength pipelines with corrosion defects. International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 103982.
• Azad, M.S, Punurai, W., Sinsanvarodom, C. and Asavadorndeja, P. “The Fatigue Assessment of Offshore Monopile Structure Considering Corrosion”, in Guedes Soares, C. (Ed.), Parunov, J. (Ed.). (2020). Trends in the Analysis and Design of Marine Structures. London: CRC Press, https://doi.org/10.1201/9780429298875
• Azad, M.S, Punurai, W. and Sinsanvarodom, C. (2019)," Effects of Redundancy in Bracing Systems on the Fragility Curve Development of Steel Jacket Offshore Platform", Engineering Journal, Vol.23, No. 1 (Pp 123-133). DOI:10.4186/ej.2019.23.1.123 (Indexed in Scopus and Web of Science)
• Azad, M.S, Punurai, W. and Sinsanvarodom, C., "Effect of Corrosion in Fatigue Life of MonopileOffshore Structures", the 7th Asia Conference on Earthquake Engineering (ACEE), Bangkok, Thailand.
• Yeter, B., Garbatov, Y, Soares C.G., Punurai, W. and Azad, M.S., “Response of Monopile Offshore Wind Turbine Structure Subjected to Seismic Loads and Degradation”, The 7th Asia Conference on Earthquake Engineering (ACEE).
• Regenhardt, TE., Azad, M.S., Punurai, W., Beer, M. (2019) A Novel Application of System Survival Signature in Reliability Assessment of Offshore Structures. In: Vasant P., Zelinka I., Weber GW. (eds) Intelligent Computing & Optimization. ICO 2018. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 866. Springer, Cham
• Punurai, W., Azad MS., Pholdee, N., Sinsabvarodom, C. "Adaptive meta-heuristic to predict dent depth damage in the fixed offshore structures "In Haugen S, Barros A, Gulijk, CV, Kongsvik T, Vinnem J, editors. Proceedings of ESREL 2018 Safety and Reliability – Safe Societies in a Changing World, June 17-21, 2018, Trondheim, Norway, London: CRC Press. 2018. pp.1143-1150
• Azad, MS., Sazzad, MM., Samadder, N. & Rahman, M. (2019) "Effect of Setback Percentages in Vertically Irregular Concrete Buildings on Response to Earthquake" in the 2nd International Conference on Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering, 07 - 09 February 2019 at Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
• Sazzad, M. M., Azad, G. M. S. I., Azad, M. S., & Samadder, N. (2018). Effects of Vertical Irregularity in Steel Braced Frames on Response to Earthquake. Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture, 12, 106-112.
• Islam, M. T., Azad, MS., Atif, M. F., & Azad, G. M. S. I. (2017). Effect of position of irregularity in concrete frame on response to seismic forces. BIBECHANA, 15, 121-130.
• Sazzad, MM., Azad, MS., (2017) "Grain-Scale Responses of Granular Materials during Cyclic Loading Considering Oval Shaped Particles" in the 1st International Conference on Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering, February 2017 at Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
• AWALL, M., AZAD, M.S., RAHMAN, M., SAMADDER, N., & HASAN, M. Effect of Using Timber Reinforcements in Mud Houses on Response to Earthquake. In the 1st International Conference on Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering, February 2017 at Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
• Awall, M. R., Rahaman, M. O., Azad, MS., and Rabby, S. K. F. “Compressive Strength Behavior of Concrete by Partial Replacement of Regular Brick with Over Burnt Brick Aggregate”, Innovative Infrastructure Solutions (Springer) (2017)2: 11. Doi: 10.1007/s41062- 017-0059-6 (Indexed in Scopus and Web of Science).
• Sazzad, M. M., Azad, M. S., Islam, M. T., & Rahman, F. I. (2017). Effect of mesh size of floor slab against lateral loads while using Etabs program. International Journal of Advanced Structures and Geotechnical Engineering, 6(1), 40-44.
• SAZZAD, M. M., RAHMAN, F. I., & AZAD, M. S. (2016). Evaluation of the Response of Rajshahi City Protection Embankment, Bangladesh under Variation of Water-Level by LEM. International Journal of Advanced Structures and Geotechnical Engineering, 5(4), 129-136.
• SAZZAD, M. M., RAHMAN, F. I., & AZAD, M. S. (2016). Response of Rajshahi city protection embankment, Bangladesh due to the variation of water-level by FEM. International Journal of Advanced Structures and Geotechnical Engineering, 5(2), 58-62.
• Azad, M. S., & Gani, S. H. A. (2016). Comparative study of seismic analysis of multistory buildings with shear walls and bracing systems. International Journal of Advanced Structures and Geotechnical Engineering (IJASGE), 5(03), 72-77.
• SAZZAD, M. M., & AZAD, M. S. (2015). Effect of building shape on the response to wind and earthquake. International Journal of Advanced Structures and Geotechnical Engineering ISSN, 2319-5347.