Prof. Dr. Sk. Sirajul Islam has been working as Professor of Statistics in School of Business and In-charge of Registrar of University of Creative Technology, Chittagong since February, 2017. Previously he was part time teaching staff member in Institute of Forestry, Chittagong University and BRAC University for about 5 years. He was teaching staff member in Al-Fateh University, Libya and in International Islamic University, Chittagong for 6 years and 11 years respectively. At present his teaching courses are Introduction to Statistics, Business Statistics, Bio-Statistics and Research Methodology. He has 33 research publications published in national and international journals and 2 text books in sampling technique and research methodology. He was awarded two national awards on tree plantation in university campus. He has teaching, research and administration experience of 45 years. He visited about 20 countries for both official and private purposes.
PhD (Statistics), Chittagong University, Bangladesh
M.S (Statistics), Iowa State University, U.S.A
M.Sc (Statistics) and B.Sc Hons (Statistics), Rajshahi University, Bangladesh
STA2201 Business Statistics
STA2101 Introduction to Statistics
QTM 4202 Research Methods in Business
• Published a book ‘A Manual on sampling techniques for surveys’ in 2015.
• Awarded Honorable Prime Minister’s Award on Tree Plantation in International Islamic University Chittagong in 2012 and 2016.
• Published a book ‘Applied Research Methods” in 2018
1. Islam, S.S. 1977. Forest Sample Surveys in Bangladesh, submitted as creative component at Department of Statistics, Iowa State University, USA.
2. Islam, S.S. 1977. Rural Development of Small Community in Bangladesh. Presented at the Agriculture Keys Seminar. Utah State University, USA.
3. Islam, S.S. 1981. Volume Tables for Some Indigenous Forest Species in Bangladesh Bulletin No. 3. Forest Inventory Series Bangladesh Forest Research Institute, Chittagong.
4. Latif, M.A; Islam, S.S and Davidson, J. 1986. Metric Volume Tables for Teak (Tectona grandis) in Bangladesh Bulletin No. 5. Inventory Division, Bangladesh Forest Research Institute, Chittagong.
5. Latif, M.A.; Islam, S.S. and Davidson, J. 1986. Metric Volume Tables for some Tree Species Found in the Natural Forests of Bangladesh. Bulletin No. 6. Inventory Division, Bangladesh Forest Research Institute, Chittagong.
6. Islam, S.S. 1988. Commercial Volume Table for Teak (Tectona grandis Linn f.) in Bangladesh by Regression Technique. Bano Biggyan Patrika, Vol. 17 (1 &2); 56-58.
7. Wazihullah, A.K.M and Islam, S.S. 1988. Intensity of Die-back Disease in Rubbr Plantations of Rupaicchari Rubber Estate, Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science, Vol. 19 (1 &2): 56-59.
8. Islam, S.S.; Wazihullah, A.K.M. and Uddin, M.F. 1988. Browsing Damage by Deer in Pulpwood Plantations of Kaptai, Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science, Vol. 20 (1&2); 55-59
9. Rahman, A., Islam, S.S. and A.B.M. Salehuddin 1988 Development of Small-Scale Farms at Pomra Community Forestry Project of Chittagong. Presented at the 14th Annual Bangladesh Science Conference held at BARI, Joydevpur, Gazipur, 7 pp.
10. Islam, S.S.; Wazihullah, A.K.M.; Islam, R.; Rahman, F.and Das, S. 1989. Infestation of Stem Borer in Keora Plantations of Bangladesh. Bano Biggyan Patrika, Vol. 18 (1 & 2); 1 – 8.
11. Islam, S.S.; Chowdhury, J.A. and Wazihullah, A.K.M. 1989. Status of Forest Resources in Bangladesh (communicated). Bangladesh Forest Research Institute, Chittagong.
12. Islam, S.S.; Wazihullah, A.K.M and Reza, N.A. 1992. Validation of the Existing Volume Tables for Teli garjan (Dipterocarpus turbinatus) in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science, Vol. 21 (1 & 2): 60-66.
13. Kibria, M.G.; Chowdhury, M.H. and Islam, S.S. 1991. Role of Urban Sawmills in the Economy of Bangladesh. Indian Journal of Forestry, Vol. 17 (3): 205-211.
14. Islam, S.S.; Reza, N.A.; Hasnin, M.; Khan, M.A.S.; Islam, S.S. and Siddiqi, N.A. 1992. Volume Tables of Young Keora (Sonneratia apetala) Trees for the Western Coastal Belt of Bangladesh. Bulletin No. 1. Plantation Trial Unit Series, Bangladesh,forest Research Institute, Chittagong.
15. Reza, N.A.; Kibria, M.G.; Rahman, A.; Wazihullah, A.K.M.; Chowdhury, M.H. and Islam, S,-S. 1992. Forest Statistics of Bangladesh. Bulletin No. 3. Bangladesh Forest Research Institute, Chittagong.
16. Kibria, M.G.; Chowdhury, M.H. and Islam, S.S. 1992. Sawmilling Survey in Urban Areas of Bangladesh. Indian Journal of Forestry. Vol. 15 (3): 239-244.
17. Wazihullah, A.K.M.; Islam, S.S.; Rahman, M.F. and Das, S. 1995. Reduced Attack by Stem Borers, Zeuzera conferta, in the Mixed Plantations of Keora in Coastal Bangladesh. Journal of Tropical Forest Science. FR1M, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
18. Islam, S.S. 1996. Bamboo Resource in the Homestead of Chittagong in Bangladesh. Presented at an International Conference on "Domestication and Commercialization of Non-timber Forest Products in Agroforestry Systems" held at ICRAF, Nairobi, Kenya.
19. Islam, S.S. 1996. Stratified Two Stage Sampling Technique (Self-Weighted) for Assessment of Village Forest Resource Bangladesh. Published in the Proceedings of Symposium on "Spatial Accuracy Assessment in National Resources and Environmental Sciences" held at Colorado State University, USA.
20. Islam, S.S. 1998. Community forestry in Bangladesh — A Case Study of Betagi-Pomra Community Forestry Modell-hai Journal of Forestry, 17: 139-146.
21. Islam, S.S. 1996. Inventory Technique for Assessment of Village Forest Resources in Bangladesh. Accepted by Organizing Committee of International IUFRO Symposium on "Assessment and Monitoring of Forests in Tropical Dry Regions" held in Brasilia, Brazil.
22. Islam, S.S. 1996. PPS Stratified Two Stage Sampling Technique for Assessment of Village Forest Resources in Bangladesh. Accepted by Organizing Committee of Conference on "Assessment Bio-diversity for Improved Forest Planning" to be held in Ascona, Switzerland.
23. Rahman, A. and Islam, S.S. 1997. Financial Viability of Agroforestry under Participatory Approach in Bangladesh. The Case of Forest Department First Logged Over Plots of Dinajpur. Bangladesh Journal of Forest Science 26(1): 47- 55.
24. Islam, S.S. 2003. Role of Bangladesh Forest Research Institute on Poverty Alleviation and Forest Conservation. Paper presented in the Asian Pacific Regional Workshop on "Forests for Poverty Reduction: The changing Role for Research, Development and Training Institutions" held at ICFRE Campus, Dehra Dun, India from 16th to 19th June 2003.
25. Islam, S.S. 2003. Country Report on the Status of Forest Genetic Resources Conservation and Management In Bangladesh. Paper presented in the Asia Pacific Forest Genetic Resources Programme (APFORGEN) Inception Workshop held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 15th to 18th July 2003.
26. Islam, S.S. 2004. Stratified two-stage sampling (self-weighted) for assessment of village forest resources. Journal of Tropical Forest Science 16(1): 9-16.
27. Islam, S.S. 2010. Assessment and monitoring of village forest resources in Bangladesh. The Khulna University Studies Vol. 10(1&2): 167-172.
28. Islam, S.S. 2011. Assessment of bamboo resources in Chittagong in Bangladesh by sampling technique. The Indian Journal of Forestry, Vol. 34(2) : 131-136.
29. Islam, S.S. et al 2011. PPS stratified two stage sampling technique for assessment of village forest resources in Bangladesh. The International Journal of Statistics and System, Vol.6, No.4: 507-514
30. Islam, S.S. et al 2011. Prospect of sawmilling products of Chittagong in Bangladesh – An exploratory study. Presented at 5th Asian Business Conference held in Dhaka in 23-24 December 2011.
31. Islam, S.S. et al 2012. Volume table of raintree (Samanea saman) in Bangladesh by regression technique. The Open Journal of Statistics: 115-119 Vo.2, No.1
32. Islam, S.S. et al 2012. Financial analysis of keora (Sonneratia apetala) Plantations in Bangladesh. The Open Journal of Statistics, 124-130 Vol.2, No.1.
33. Islam, S.S. et al 2013. Optimal Rotation Interval of Akashmoni (Assacia auriculiformis) Plantations in Bangladesh. The Kasetsart Journal, Social Science, Vol.34,No.1.
34. Islam, S.S. 2015. A manual on Sampling techniques for surveys. First Edition ISBN 978-984-34-1030-6. Published by University of Creative Technology, Chittagong, Bangladesh. PP 168.
35. Islam, S.S. et al 2018. Applied Research Methods. First Edition-April, 2018 ISBN 978-984-34-4389-2. Published by University of Creative Technology, Chittagong, Bangladesh. PP 500.