Sayeda Fatema joins the brilliant academicians of the thriving Department of English Language and Literature (DELL) at University of Creative Technology Chittagong (UCTC) on 8 July, 2019. Since her attachment to the department, she has been teaching the courses of English Language and Literature both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels with zeal and zest. With the teaching philosophy of connecting the words with the world, the faculty envisions hands-on teaching and ground-breaking research to lead the learners to the acme of success, and the department to the zenith of accomplishment.
• Ph.D. Researcher in TESOL
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
• Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Fellow
Montana State University, USA
• MA in English Language Teaching
Department of English Language and Literature
International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC)
• BA (Hons.) in English
Department of English
University of Chittagong
• Spoken and Phonetics
• Functional and Communicative English
• English for Specific Purposes
• Business and Media English
• Advanced Writing
• Critical Thinking Skills and Culture in EFL Setting
• Writing in EFL/ESL Context
• Romantic Poetry and Renaissance Drama
• American Novels of the 20th Century
Educational Technology in Language Learning and Teaching
Multimodalities and Multiculturalism
Language, Power and Identity
Critical Discourse Analysis
ELT and Human Capital Development
• Integrating critical thinking skills and intercultural awareness in teaching language
• Formative assessment and its impact on learning outcome
• Addressing gender issues through ELT in the context of Bangladesh
• Teaching language through literature: A Case Study
Project Presentation and Conference:
• The faculty presented project on Women Empowerment at Montana State University (MSU, USA) and received funding from US Department of State via IREX for teacher training.
• She presented paper on “Teaching Four Skills with American Song” at the National Conference organized by Bangladesh English Language Teachers Association (BELTA) in October 20-21, 2017.
• Sayeda Fatema received a two-day long Access Teachers’ Training imparted by Regional English Language Officer (RELO), US Department of State for Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Maldives held at EMK Center, Dhaka in 2017.
• She also received training on Educational Leadership imparted by Bangladesh English Language Teachers Association (BELTA) at R C Majumdar Arts Auditorium, Arts Faculty. University of Dhaka in 2019.