Tawsif Ahmed Siddique is a Lecturer (currently on study leave) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Creative Technology Chittagong (UCTC), Bangladesh. He is currently doing PhD on Nanofiltration technology for water purification in RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia under the supervision of Professor Namita Choudhury and Professor Naba Dutta with a commonwealth RTP scholarship. He has also been awarded several prestigious scholarships including TFS from UNSW and RTP from Western Sydney University for his PhD study. He worked as Research assistant in Department of Physics and Department of Mechanical Engineering of University of Malaya. He was the first departmental co-ordinator of Department of Mechanical Engineering, UCTC as well. He possesses an extensive knowledge on Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Field Effect Scanning Electron Microscopy (FESEM), UV-vis Spectroscopy, Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), Fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, Energy-dispersive X-ray (EDX) spectroscopy, Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and X-ray diffraction (XRD) analyses. He obtained his Master of Engineering Science from the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in June 2016, and B.Sc. in Materials and Metallurgical Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh in February 2012. Tawsif does research in Materials Chemistry, Membrane Technology, Water Filtrations, Wastewater Treatment, Nanomaterials, Composites' synthesis, Electrochemistry, Thermoelectric Cells, and Green Chemistry. His current project is 'Novel Nanocomposite Electrospun Nanofibrous Membrane for Water Filtration'.
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia (Ongoing)
Master of Engineering Science, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
B.Sc. in Materials and Metallurgical Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
✓ Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
✓ Engineering Mechanics
✓ Materials Science and Engineering
✓ Engineering Metallurgy
✓ Physics for Engineers
- Materials Chemistry
- Membrane Technology
- Water Filtrations
- Wastewater Treatment
- Composites' synthesis
- Thermoelectric Cells
- Materials’ Characterizations
- Renewable Energy
- Energy Materials
1. Novel Nanocomposite Electrospun Nanofibrous Membrane for Water Filtration.
2. Synthesis and Characterization of Secondary and Tertiary Ammonium Based Protic Ionic
Liquids for Thermoelectrical Cell.
3. Chitosan based Electrospun Membrane for Wastewater Treatment.
4. Synthesis of Different Shaped Zinc Oxide to use as Energy Materials.
5. Development of Aluminium based Silicon Carbide Particulate Metal Matrix Composite.
1. Presentation work on the Properties of Germanium.
2. Design and Casting of a ball mill linner.
3. Industrial design of Ball mill linner.
4. Presentation work on Work Hardening as a strengthening mechanism.
5. PVC Pipe plant design.
6. Failure analysis of gas transmission pipe line.
7. Artefact Analysis.
• Commonwealth RTP Scholarship from RMIT University for Ph.D.
• Graduate Research Assistant-ship (GRAS) during the study of M. Eng. Sc. from the University of Malaya, Malaysia
• International Graduate Research Assistant-ship (iGRAS) during the study of M. Eng. Sc. from the University of Malaya, Malaysia
• Full tuition fee waives during the study of M. Eng. Sc. from the University of Malaya, Malaysia
• Technical scholarship throughout the four years study of B.Sc. engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh
A. Peer-reviewed journal papers
1. Nanofiltration for Arsenic Removal: Challenges, Recent Developments and Perspectives Nanomaterials. (Impact Factor= 4.034, ISI indexed)
2. Adsorption study of methyl orange by chitosan/polyvinyl alcohol/zeolite electrospun composite nanofibrous membrane. Carbohydrate Polymers, 191, 79-85, 2018. (Impact Factor= 4.811, ISI indexed)
3. Effect of SiCp Addition on the Wear Behaviour of As-Cast Al-SiCp Metal Matrix Composite Fabricated by Stir Casting Method. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 25 (7): 1536- 1543, 2017.
4. Effect of deacetylation on property of electrospun Chitosan/PVA nanofibrous membrane and removal of Methyl orange, Fe (III) and Cr (VI) ions. Carbohydrate Polymers, 177: 32-39. (Impact Factor= 4.811, ISI indexed)
5. Effect of Degree of Deacetylation of chitosan on adsorption capacity and reusability of Chitosan/Polyvinyl alcohol/TiO2 Nano Composite, International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 104: 1133-1142, 2017 (Impact Factor= 3.671, ISI indexed).
6. Synthesis of Chitosan/Polyvinyl alcohol/Zeolite Composite for Removal of Methyl orange, Congo red and Chromium (VI) by Flocculation/Adsorption, Carbohydrate Polymer, 157: 1568-1576, 2017 . (Impact Factor= 4.811, ISI indexed)
7. Synthesis and Characterization of Protic Ionic Liquids as Thermoelectrochemical Materials, RSC Advances, 6 (22): 18266-18278, 2016. (Impact Factor= 3.108, ISI and Scopus indexed)
8. Adsorption and photocatalytic degradation of anionic dyes on Chitosan/PVA/Na– Titanate/TiO2 composites synthesized by solution casting method, Carbohydrate Polymer, 149 (7): 317-331, 2016. (Impact Factor= 4.811, ISI indexed)
9. Effect of SiCp addition on the indentation hardness of as-cast Al metal matrix composites, International Journal of Innovation and Scientific Research, 11(2), 433-438, 2014. (Impact Factor= 2.988)
B. Conference Presentations
1. Effect of Cations on the Thermophysical properties of Protic Ionic Liquids. International Conference on Green Technology (ICGT 2015), Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
1. Siddique, T.A. & Islam, M.T. (2017) Production Technique of Aluminum Based SiCp Metal Matrix Composites. LAP LIMBERT Academic Publication. ISBN: 978-620-2-07581-7.